Stuffed Aburage (Sushi Cones)
Aburage (sushi cones) stuffed with hamburger, water chestnuts, carrots and onions (meatloaf mixture) stewed in a savory tomato-onion broth.
- 8 Large or 16 Small aburage cut in half diagonally
- 2 Lbs. Ground Beef
- 2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 Cup Instant Oatmeal (3 Packets)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Small Carrot Grated
- 2 Stalks Celery Grated (finely chopped)
- 1/2 Round Onion Grated (finely chopped)
- 1 8oz Can Water Chestnuts (drained & chopped)
- 1 Small Can Evaporated Milk (5oz)
- 1 24oz Bottle Del Monte Catsup
- 1 Can Onion Soup
Mix filling ingredients thoroughly and generously over-stuff each sushi cone. Place sauce ingredients into a non-stick pot and carefully place sushi cones face-down into sauce. Bring sauce to boil, then reduce heat to a medium-low (to prevent burning) for 45-60 minutes.