Chocolate Vanilla Green Tea Cheesecake
4 oz. shortbread cookies
2 oz. butter, melted
zest of 1 lime
2 whole eggs plus 1 yolk
24 oz. cream cheese
3/4 can sweetened condensed milk
2 oz dark chocolate, melted
1 tbsp cooking green tea powder
8 inch springform cake tin
1. If you don't have cooking matcha powder, consider increasing the amount.
2. If you can't get madagascan vanilla essence, forget it, don't put other chemically processed 'flavour' in.
3. Watch the cheesecake every now and then, if it starts to crack, lower the temperature by 10 or 20 degree.
4. You can increase the amount of condensed milk. Do taste the mixture after beating in the eggs. Adjust to your taste.
1. Line the bottom of cake tin with parchment paper. Line the outside of tin with 2 layers of aluminium foil.
2. Crush the cookies using food processor or put in bag and crush with rolling pin.
3. Combine melted butter with cookie crumbs and zest. Press onto bottom of tin. Chill in fridge until needed.
4. Preheat oven to 350 F(use the right temperature for your oven)
5. In a bowl, using electric whisk, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add in condensed milk. Whisk till combined.
6. Add in eggs and continue to whisk till mixture is thick like thickened cream.
7. Divide the mixture into 3 portions.
8. Add melted chocolate in one portion, vanilla in second portion and green tea powder in third portion.
9. Pour in chocolate batter first, followed by vanilla batter and lastly the green tea batter.
10. Sit the tin in a bigger baking tray and bake bain-marie for 50 minutes. The middle should still be a bit wobbly. Turn off heat, open the oven door and let the cake cool in the oven for another hour. Let cool and chill before serving.