Mahi Mahi Chowder
This is a hearty chowder made with our own fresh mahi mahi. If you cant get fresh, fresh frozen is acceptable.
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 teaspoon clam base (better than bouillon) optional
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced, about 1 cup
- 1 fennel, chopped, about 2 cups
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 potatoes, cut in small cubes
- 2 10 oz cans Condensed Chicken Broth, non diluted
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp flour (more if you prefer chowder thicker)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 pound fresh skinless, boneless Mahi-Mahi Fillets, cut in cubes (frozen is ok)
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
n a large saucepan, sauté onion, carrots, fennel and garlic in butter for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add potatoes and chicken broth. Bring to boil, cover and continue cooking until vegetables are cooked, about 5 minutes. Add cream.
Mix cornstarch with milk. Stir into vegetables. Continue cooking until mixture thickens. Add mahi-mahi. Cook until fish turns opaque, about 3 minutes.
Add coriander or parsley.