Portuguese Bean Soup
A filling traditional Portuguese Bean Soup dish passed down from my grandmother. Super delicious and healthy!
This is for use in crock pot. Add ingredients in following order.
- 1lb or Package of favorite Hawaiian Portuguese Sausage, cubed
- 1lb Ham, cubed
- 2 Medium Carrots, chopped
- 1 Large sweet onion
- 2 Teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 Potato, cubed
- 1 can (15oz) Dark Red Kidney Beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 small head of cabbage, chopped
- 1 can (12oz) tomato paste
- 1-2 cans water, use tomato paste can for measurement.
Combine all ingredients above in order. Add 1 can of water. Set crock pot on "high" for 4 hours. Add another can of water and set crock pot on "low" for remaining 2 hours, stir about every 30 minutes.
Broke Da Mout!!!
Serve in your favorite bowl. Feeds about 8.