Coconut Cream Cheese Brownies
This Coconut Cream Cheese Brownies recipe reminds me of eating an almon
1 (8oz) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup Sugar
1 Egg Yolk
3/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
2/3 cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 cup Coconut Oil (can use butter instead)
4 oz Dark Chocolate chopped
1 1/4 cup Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Grease an 8×8 baking pan
1. In a medium sized bowl combine the softened cream cheese, 1/4 cup of sugar, egg yolk, vanilla and coconut. Mix together using an electric mixer until well combined. Set aside and make the brownie batter.
1. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a smal bowl. Set aside.
2. In a metal or glass bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water combine chocolate and oil. Stir until chocolate is melted. Let mixture cool slightly. Add 1 1/4 cup of sugar, eggs, vanilla, nuts and whisk until smooth and lump free.
3. Combine the flour mixture with the chocolate mixture and stir until combined.
4. Pour half of the brownie batter into a prepared baking pan. Add the coconut filling in even spoonfulls and gently spread across the batter, and top with the rest of the brownie batter. *
5. Bake for 50-55 minutes. Let cool at least 30 minutes before cutting.
*Note: The brownie batter is much thinner/lighter than the coconut mixture. Because of this, layering evenly is difficult. Don't worry too much if you can't perfectly spread the coconut mixture over the first layer of brownie. Even if that bottom layer doesn't stay too thick they will be amazing!