Chicken Lollipops w/Red Bean Curd
So here it is, my Chicken Lollipops recipe with fermented red bean curd and a final touch of panko breading. I am sure this classic appetizer with a twist will be a welcomed guest to any party.
5 chicken drumettes
1 tsp minced ginger
1 cube fermented red beancurd, mashed ( optional, all-purpose cajun seasoning is great too )
1 egg white
1 egg yolk
shaoxing wine ( OR other chinese cooking wine )
ground black pepper
salt and sugar to taste
Order Chicken Wing Cookbook - Some favorites include: African Chicken Wings, Cajun Chicken Wings, Coconut Chicken Wings, Crispy Honey Wings, Chicken Wings from Hell, Nuclear Chicken Wings, Jerk Chicken Wings, Napa Valley Chicken Wings, Atomic Chicken Wings Puffed Chicken Wings, Parmesan Wings and many more! Get your own copy right now!
1) With a knife, pull and scrape the meat off the top to the bottom of the chicken drumette.
2) Marinate the chicken with minced ginger, mashed fermented red beancurd, egg white, black pepper, salt and sugar.
3) Set the chicken in the refrigerator and let it marinate for about 10 minutes.
4) Dip the chicken drumettes into the cornflour, then dip them into the egg yolk wash, and continue the same with the breadcrumbs.
( TIP : Quick chill in the freezer while the oil is heating up on the frying wok, to prevent breadcrumbs from falling off into the oil while frying )
5) Deep fry the chicken drumettes on medium-high heat until golden brown.