Beef Broccoli Chow Fun
Beef chow fun with Chinese broccoli is rich in flavor, fulfilling in volume, low in calories and balanced in nutrition. The tender and juicy beef, silky and gooey rice noodles, and fresh and crisp broccoli all come together to create a heavenly dish that is hard to resist.
This delicious recipe was provided compliments of world famous Chef Chai of Chai's Island Bistro, Dining Out with Chai & Singha Thai Restaurant.
- 1 lb. Broccoli
- 1 lb. beef cut in to bite sizes
- 6 cups of Chow Fun noodles
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Chinese Black Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 4 cups Chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Chinese Style Fermented Soy Beans (black bean sauce)
- 2 tablespoons Oyster sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon corn starch with water
- in a nonstick pan, sauté Chow Fun noodles with one tablespoon of vegetable oil in a medium heat for a minute then add Chinese Black Soy sauce, salt and pepper and cook for another minute , set side. (if you use Chow Fun that’s stored in the refrigerator you might need to add some water to soften the noodles)
- In a hot pan with high heat, add 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil and beef and cook for a minute or until the meat is medium rare.
- Add chopped garlic and onion cook for another minute (make sure not to burn the garlic, if the garlic turn’s brown too quick, due to the heat temperature add chicken stock right away, this will stop the garlic from burning)
- Add Broccoli, chicken stock, Chinese Style Fermented Soy Beans and oyster sauce, bring to a boil and simmer for a minute or until the broccoli is cooked. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cornstarch to thicken the sauce and serve on top of a bed of Chow Fun noodles.