. Add all the ingredients of the teriyaki sauce in a saucepan. Stir to blend well.
2. Heat up the saucepan over medium heat. As soon as the teriyaki sauce bubbles and thickens, remove it from heat. Let cool.
3. Marinate the salmon with half the teriyaki sauce in a sealed plastic bag for 4-6 hours, or best overnight.
4.Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
5. Heat up a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the oil and pan-sear the marinated salmon until the surface is charred, about 1-2 minutes. Transfer out.
6. Brush the remaining teriyaki sauce on the seared salmon and transfer them to the oven. Bake for 10 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through.
7. Remove from the oven, drizzle the leftover teriyaki sauce on the salmon, drizzle some sesame seeds on top of the salmon and serve immediately with steamed rice.