Wafu Cabbage Slaw with Sesame Dressing
Wafu means "Japanese style". Mayo, sesame and shoyu are my favorite ingredients and this creamy dressing has them all. Mirin adds a touch of sweetness.
- 1/3 head cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 large hard boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 1/2 Japanese cucumber or 1 Persian cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 TBSP mayo
- 1 TBSP ground sesame seeds
- 1 TBSP mirin
- 1 Tsp Aloha shoyu
- 1 Tsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tsp "dashi" powder (such as "Hondashi") *exclude dashi for vegetarian
Sprinkle a bit of salt to sliced cabbage and cucumber. Let them sit for about 5 minutes. Wash cabbage and drain. Squeeze water out of cucumber. Mix cabbage, cucumber and the chopped eggs.
Make dressing: Mix mayo, sesame, mirin, shoyu, vinegar and "dashi".
Toss the vegitable mix and the dressing together. You can sprincle extra sesame on top.