Passion Fruit Cream Pie
A real easy passion fruit cream pie made with a simple no-bake crust and a simply passion fruit cream, topped with fresh passion fruit jelly.
- 1 package of butter or shortbread cookies (about 20)
- 1/2 cup of melted salted butter
- 1 teaspoon of water (if necessary)
- 1 small can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 small pack of whipping cream
- 1 package of powdered gelatin or 1 sheet
- Pulp from 8 passion fruits or store-bought passion fruit pulp
- Pulp from 6 to 8 passion fruit
- 1/2 glass of natural peach juice (nectar)
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 10 g of powdered gelatin or 1 sheet
crumble the cookies in a blender, add the butter and the water and mix for about 10 seconds. Pour everything in a medium size pie mold or any other pan. Press the crust tightly.
Passion Fruit Cream
Remove the pulp from passion fruit before you start anything else. Set aside. Start whipping your cream until firm. Now dissolve the gelatin in a little bit of hot water. Add the condensed milk, the gelatin and the passion fruit pulp to the whipped cream and fold gently. Pour it into the crust you previously prepared and let set in the fridge for at least an hour.
Passion Fruit jelly topping
Now that the cream as set, remove the pulp from you passion fruit, add the peach juice and sugar and mix well. As before dissolve your gelatin in a bit of hot water and add it to rest. Stir very well and carefully pour over the cream. Return to the fridge for at least another couple of hours, just to be sure it won’t fall apart and you get nice slices.