Crispy Thai Fried Chicken
Nothing tastes better than crispy fried chicken and even better with a hint of thai seasonings.
- 1-2 Lbs. chicken drumsticks and wings
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander root
- 10 finely chopped coriander stems
- ½ tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 head of garlic, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ¾ cup rice flour + ¼ cup plain flour
- Canola oil, to fry
Order Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook - Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook features everything from traditional slow cooker classics to savory international cuisine to delicious no-fuss desserts.
1.Place coriander and peppercorns into a mortar and pestle and pound to a paste.
2.Add the garlic, dried chilli and salt and continue pounding until you have a fine paste.
3.Stir in the oyster sauce, fish sauce and chicken stock and mix well.
4.Pour the marinade over the chicken and marinate overnight.
5.Take chicken out of the fridge and allow to reach room temperature. Meanwhile, heat the canola oil until it reaches about 175 degrees Celsius.
6.Take the chicken out of the marinade, roll in the flour mixture and deep fry until golden brown in the hot canola oil.
7.Drain on absorbent paper and serve with chilli sauce and sticky rice!