Healthier Frappucino Mocha
The days of overspending on a sugary, fattening frozen coffee drink are over.
I'm currently sipping a homemade, sugar-free mocha "Frappucino" that cost a lot less than to make. It has all taste with half the calories and carbs of the real deal. Diabetic coffee lovers, carb watchers, and people on a budget - this one's for you! Come take a coffee break with me and make your own!
Makes 1 single serving
- 4 teaspoons erythritol , or sugar-free sweetener of choice
- 1/16 teaspoon NuNaturals pure stevia extract powder
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 3 ounces water
- 3 Tablespoons organic half and half (diabetics use low-fat or non-fat half and half)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup crushed ice
- Tiny pinch of sea salt
- 1/32 teaspoon xanthan gum (for a "creamier" texture)
To make a single serving from the mix, add 2 Tablespoons + 1 teaspoon of the dry mix to the vanilla, ice, water, and cream listed in the original recipe. The mix makes roughly 8 servings. Play around with it and make it your own!