Grilled Ginger Lamb
1 Leg of lamb (5 to 7 lbs.), butterflied
8 tbsp Burgundy or other dry red wine
8 tbsp Vegetable oil
5 1/4 tbsp ginger, grated
4 tbsp Aloha shoyu
4 tbsp Onion, minced
2 Garlic cloves, minced
1 Lemon juice
2 tbsp honey
1 1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
1/8 tsp ground red pepper
1 cup Canned beef broth, diluted
1. Trim all visible fat from lamb.
2. Place lamb in a large shallow dish; set aside.
3. Combine burgundy and remaining ingredients except broth in container of an electric blender; cover and process until smooth.
4. Pour marinade over lamb; cover and marinate in refrigerator for 8 hours, turning occasionally.
5. Remove lamb from marinade, reserving marinade.
6. Grill lamb over medium coals, 15 to 20 minutes on each side, or until meat thermometer registers 140°F.
7. (rare) or 150°F.
8. (medium rare), basting frequently with reserved marinade.
9. Combine ¾ cup remaining marinade and beef broth in a medium saucepan; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
10. Boil 1 minute.
11. Serve with lamb