Meatball Soup w/Baby Bok Choy
Tender pork meatballs cooked in a simple yet savory broth with baby bok choy.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 4 dried shitake mushroom ( soaked, rinsed and finely chopped )
- finely chopped green onions
- finely chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 1 can of luncheon meat ( OR spam ) finely mashed/grated
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- sesame oil
- white pepper
- salt to taste
- shaoxing cooking wine
- baby bok choy
- bonito fish granules
- chopped green onions
- chopped cilantro
Order Hawaii's Best Local Dishes - These are the recipes passed on from friends, coworkers, and relatives; the local favorites that are found at potlucks and beach barbecues through the Islands.
1) Mix all the ingredients evenly and form into desired sized meatballs. Set aside.
1) Add bonito fish granules to boiling water in pot.
2) Slowly place meatballs in and simmer for 8 minutes.
3) Add baby bok choy, chopped green onions and cilantro and simmer on medium heat for another 5-10 minutes.