Shiitake Edamame Salad w/Miso Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Aloha shoyu
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 1 medium shallot
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 10 medium shiitake mushrooms, sliced 1/4 in. thick
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 head butter lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups baby beet greens or arugula
- 1 cup shelled, cooked edamame
- 3 green onions (green part only), chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Order Hawaii's Best Salads, Sides & Soups - What meal would be complete with out a side dish to accompany the entree? Take the guess work out of what to prepare with dinner with Hawaii's Best Salads, Sides & Soups, a collection of over 100 recipes for hearty and nutritious salads, savory soups and tasty side dishes.
Blend orange juice, soy sauce, vinegar, honey, miso, and shallot in a blender. With blender running, pour in 3 tbsp. vegetable oil and the sesame oil and blend 10 seconds. Set vinaigrette aside.
Heat remaining vegetable oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add shiitakes and salt and cook, stirring, until mushrooms are browned, about 3 minutes. Let cool.
3. In a large bowl, gently toss lettuce and beet greens with 2 tbsp. vinaigrette. Top with shiitakes, edamame, green onions, and sesame seeds. Serve remaining vinaigrette on the side.