Lilikoi Glazed Spare Ribs
- 2-3 pounds pork spare ribs
- 1/4 cup aloha Aloha shoyu
- 1-1/2 cup lilikoi jelly
- 2 Tablespoons sake
- 1 slice of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Hawaiian Salt
- 1/2 cup lilikoi jelly for glaze
In bowl, melt lilikoi jelly for 30-45 seconds or until melted. Add shoyu, sake, ginger, garlic, brown sugar. Mix well and marinate ribs for a few hours minimum (overnight is better).
Cook on hot grill. While ribs are cooking, take an additional 1/2 cup of lilikoi jelly and melt in a bowl in microwave. Brush ribs with melted jelly to give the ribs a tasty glaze.