Beef Tenderloin w/Red Miso Glaze
This Beef Tenderloin w/Red Miso Glaze is a perfect island style bbq sticks11
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup low-sodium Aloha shoyu
- 2 tablespoons red miso paste
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- pinch of sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 pounds beef tenderloin, sliced 1/4 inch thick
Preheat a grill. In a saucepan, heat the vegetable oil. Add the garlic and cook over low heat until crisp, stirring, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the garlic to a blender; reserve the garlic oil for another use. Add the soy sauce, miso, sesame oil, sugar and salt to the blender and puree.
Thread the meat on skewers. Lightly brush the meat with some of the miso glaze. Grill over high heat for 1 minute. Brush with the miso glaze a second time and grill, turning, until charred, about 2 minutes; serve.