Chilled Roasted Pepper Mango Soup
Nothing like a cold, rich, sweet, savory Chilled Roasted Pepper Mango Soup with a slight kick to cool you down during the summer.
- 3 large yellow bell peppers, seeded and quartered
- 2 large mangoes, peeled and cut into chunks (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup mango nectar
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Sour cream
Place bell peppers on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Broil 5 inches from heat 15 minutes or until blistered. Place bell peppers in a large zip-top plastic bag; seal and let stand 10 minutes to loosen skins. Peel peppers, discarding skins.
Process peppers and mango in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add mango nectar and next 6 ingredients; process until smooth. Cover and chill mixture 2 hours. Top with sour cream, and garnish with fresh mint, if desired.
*Note: If desired, press mango mixture through a wire-mesh strainer, using back of a spoon to squeeze out liquid. Discard pulp and solids.