Crispy Beef Salad
- 1/2 lb beef rib eye, very thinly sliced and cut into bite size
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1/2 cup Korean deep-fry flour mix or corn starch
- 3-4 Tbsp grape seed oil
- 1/2 English cucumber thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/4 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 red chili sliced, optional
- 1/2 lb any lettuce of your choice
- 2 Tbsp Aloha shoyu
- 3 Tbsp bottled Korean citron tea
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 Tbsp grape seed oil
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- a few dashes of freshly cracked black pepper
Keep all the salad greens and lettuce in the fridge to chill. Make dressing by mixing all the ingredients. Whisk well and keep in the fridge.
Season beef slices with salt and pepper. Coat each slice with flour or corn starch.
Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add the beef slices and fry until the edges gets crisp and brown, about 1-2 minutes. Flip to the other side and continue to fry. Transfer beef slices onto a plate with paper towel on.
Assemble your salad on a plate and place crisp beef slices on top. Drizzle the citron dressing, toss and enjoy.