In my family, this Portuguese Paella is a very special dish that I always look forward to. You can use just about any type of meat or seafood that you like.
- 6 skinless chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 link Portuguese sausage, sliced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked arborio rice
- 1/2 cup diced plum tomato
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron thread, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup asparagus, cut diagonally
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
Order Paella Pan - Cook and showcase your perfect paella in this pro-quality carbon-steel paella pan as the shape encourages the quick evaporation of liquid. The pan is constructed of black steel with dual handles.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Sprinkle chicken with rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and black pepper. Heat oil in a large oven proof nonstick skillet or paella pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook for 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove chicken from pan; cover and keep warm. Add sausage and cook until lightly browned;. Add onion and bell pepper; cook for 7 minutes, stirring constantly. Add rice, tomato, paprika, saffron and garlic; cook for 1 minute stirring constantly. Return chicken to pan. Add broth and 1/4 teaspoon of salt; bring to boil. Wrap handle of pan with foil, cover pan;. Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes. Stir in shrimp, asparagus, and peas. Cover and bake an additional 5 minutes or until shrimp are no longer translucent