Ginger Coconut Crabcakes w/Wasabi Cream
This easy crabcake recipe is made with an asian twist of ginger, coconut and a wasabi cream sauce and can be made in less than 30 minutes.
Ginger Coconut Crabcake Recipe
- 4-5 ounces lump crabmeat
- 1 small shallot, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk (add more to taste)
- 1/2 lime, juice and zest
- 1/4 cup panko, plus more to coat cakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon sriracha or tobasco(optional)
Wasabi Cream Sauce Recipe:
- 2 teaspoons wasabi (green horseradish) powder
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- dash salt
To make ginger coconut crabcake recipe, gently mix together all ingredients. Form into patties. Coat with extra panko on all sides.
Add 1 tablespoon butter and 3 tablespoons oil to frying pan and cook over med-med-high heat until golden brown on both sides.
Wasabi Cream Sauce:
To make the wasabi cream sauce recipe, mix all ingredients and chill well. Serve sauce on the side or by dropping a spoonful on each crabcake or patterned on a plate for presentation.
Garnish with parsley or cilantro.
No nutritional data for coconut ginger crabcake recipe or wasabi cream recipe.