- 3 cups of kimchee, chopped into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons ginger minced
- 3 lbs of ground meat
- 1 cup chopped white or brown onion
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup panko
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons crushed toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Aloha shoyu
In a large fry pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat and add kimchee, garlic, and ginger, and fry until the kimchee is translucent. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
In a large bowl, add the ground meat, onion, scallion, breadcrumbs, 2 eggs, sesame seeds, sesame oil, soy sauce and cooked, cooled kimchee. Using your hand, mix all the ingredients gently until all the ingredients are incorporated. Cover and chill until you are ready to form into burger patties.
Grill for 6-10 minutes depending on how well you like your burgers cooked.