Pad Thai Salad
I love the flavors of Pad Thai Noodles. This variation has all my favorite components of the noodle dish; but tossed together for a light, sweet, salty, spicy salad. Feel free to use your any of your favorite vegetables. Add leftover rotisserie chicken, grilled meats, or shrimp to make it a complete meal.
- 1 lb. rice noodle, cooked according to package directions, drained
- ¼ head cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium Japanese cucumber, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, julienne
- 2-3 c. bean sprouts
- ½ bunch green onion, thinly sliced
- ½ bunch cilantro, chopped
- ½ bunch Thai basil leaves, whole
- ½ bunch mint leaves, whole
- ½ c. peanuts, coarsely chopped Garnish:
- lemon, lime of calamansi wedges Dressing:
- ¼ c. hot water
- 2 TB tamarind paste
- 3 TB palm sugar, as desired
- ¼ c. patis (fish sauce)
- 1 TB Thai chili garlic paste, as desired
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Order Hawaii's Best Salads, Sides & Soups - A collection of over 100 recipes for hearty and nutritious salads, savory soups and tasty side dishes.
In a mixing bowl; dissolve tamarind paste in hot water. Add sugar, patis, chili paste and pepper. Taste for seasoning; add additional sugar or chili paste as desired. In a large mixing bowl; toss together noodles, cabbage, cucumbers, carrots, bean sprouts, green onion, cilantro, basil and mint. When ready for service; toss with dressing as desired.
Serve with lemon, lime of calamansi wedges. Serves 4-6