- 2 pound lobster
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded ginger
- 1 tablespoon Yuzu Dressing
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon macadamia nut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon yuzu juice
- 2 tablespoons Aloha shoyu
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 clove garlic, grated (or very finely minced)
- 6 tablespoons macadamia nut or other oil
Put the lobster in the freezer for 20 minutes. Bring a large pot of salted water large enough to cover the lobster to boil in. Plunge the lobster headfirst into the water for 30 seconds, remove and plunge into a bowl of ice water to cool. Remove the tail and claws from body and use kitchen shears to cut open the shell of the body. Gently extract the tail and claw meat. Slice the tail meat into medallions about 1/4 inch thick or less. Cut the claw meat into 1/4 inch thick slices. Place the lobster meat onto a serving plate. Drizzle the Yuzu Dressing on top. Garnish with the ginger and the chives. Heat a small pan over medium-high heat until hot. Add the macadamia nut oil and the sesame oil. When the oil just begins to smoke, pour the oil all over the lobster to sear the top.
To make the dressing, whisk all the ingredients together.