Seared Tuna w/Avocado Wasabi Puree
- 2 avocados, cut into small chunks
- 1 tablespoon wasabi
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 4 tuna steaks, about 3/4 inch thick
- Garlic Aloha shoyu marinade (see below)
- 1/2 cup Aloha shoyu
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- fresh ground black pepper
Add the avocados, wasabi, lime juice, salt, and chives to a bowl, and mash the ingredients together with a fork. Set aside. Pour the garlic soy sauce marinade onto a baking dish or sheet pan. Lay the tuna steaks in the marinade and gently flip them 4 times until the fish is evenly coated.
Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Brush the cooking grate clean and oil it well. Grill the tuna quickly, for about 2 minutes, turning once. You want to just sear the surface and quickly caramelize the marinade. The tuna should be rare to almost raw inside. Remove from the grill, spoon the avocado puree on top of the tuna and serve immediately.