Crab enchiladas - a hearty meal than can be whipped up in 30 minutes!
- 2 (10 oz) cans Tomatillos, drained, reserve liquid
- 1/ 4 C vegetable oil for tortillas
- 1/ 4 C vegetable oil for onions
- 2 corn tortillas
- 2 fresh jalapeno chilies (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cilantro (optional)
- 1 /2 C chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/ 2 teaspoon cumin
- dash sugar
- 1 1/ 2 C crabmeat
- 6 corn or flour tortillas
- 2-3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 Tablespoons minced onion
- 8-10 oz jack cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 400. Fry tortillas in oil, browning lightly. Crumble fried tortillas into tomatillos liquid and let soften. Blend or process mixture until soft. Saute chilies and onions in oil until onion is soft. Crush garlic with salt, cumin, and cilantro and add to onion mixture. Cook for 5 minutes. Add tomatillos mixture to onions and cook for 5 minutes. Set aside.
Sauté crab meat in butter. Fry tortillas in oil until soft. Place 1/ 6 crab meat in center of each tortilla. Add 1 tablespoon sauce. Place in a shallow baking dish seam side down. Repeat this process until all of crab meat is gone. Cover enchiladas with remaining sauce, then sprinkle with cheese, few dashes of hot sauce (optional) and pumpkin seeds. Bake for 20 minutes. Garnish with cilantro or chopped green onions.