To Da Max Lau Lau
This lau lau is a coma-inducing giant, stuffed with pork, chicken, mahi mahi, taro, breadfruit, sweet potato!!
- 1 lb cubed pork butt
- 1 lb cubed boneless chicken
- 1 lb cubed fish (mahi, ono, ahi or salmon)
- 1 cup raw taro, cubed 1/2"
- 1 cup raw sweet potato, cubed 1/2"
- 1 cup raw ulu, cubed 1/2"
- 2 Tbs Hawaiian salt
- 5 lbs Luau leaf (large leaf preferred)
Rinse leaves and divide into 10 piles (one per laulau). Arrange open leaves into layered pile about 15" long. Put about 11/2 cups of filling into the center of leaves and arrange into a 10" strip down the middle of the leaves. Fold the ends of the leaves toward the center until the fold touches the filling. Roll tightly and wrap using one of the following... a) foil b) # 20 butcher meat twin c) ti leaf (traditional style) Steam for 3 hours.