Char Siu Pork w/Sweet Sour Brussel Sprouts
This is a quick and easy stir fry than can be made in 10-15 minutes!!
- 4 pork steaks
- 1/3 cup char siu sauce
- 2 tbs peanut oil, plus extra, to grease
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3cm piece ginger, cut into julienne (matchsticks)
- 3 long red chillies, halved lengthwise, seeded, cut into pieces
- 1 Lb brussels sprouts, thickly sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 Lb green beans, trimmed, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 tbs Aloha shoyu
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 2 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
Order The Breath of a Wok Cookbook
Combine pork and char siu sauce in a large bowl.
Lightly grease a chargrill pan with extra oil, then preheat over medium–high heat. Add pork and cook for 4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Remove from heat and rest pork in pan for 7 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a wok or large pan over high heat. Add garlic and ginger, and stir-fry for 1 minute or until garlic is golden. Add chillies, brussels sprouts, beans, soy sauce, fish sauce and sugar, and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Add vinegar and half the cilantro, and stir-fry for a further minute or until sauce is syrupy.
Slice pork, then divide among bowls with stir-fry. Scatter with remaining cilantro and serve with rice