I love making curry shumai with ground turkey for a slightly leaner appetizer!
- 2 1/2 lbs ground pork or turkey
- 5 tbsp Corn Starch
- 5 tbsp Water
- 3 tbsp Sherry
- 3 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 8 oz Water Chestnuts (finely chopped)
- 6 Scallions Chopped (including greens)
- 2 Eggs
- 4 tsp Curry Powder
- Gyoza Wrappers
- frozen Peas for garnish (optional)
1. mix all ingredients in food processor.
2. Add curry powder, mix in very well
3. Fold into gyoza wrappers, about 1 tbsp in each. Leave the top open.
4. Push frozen pea into each shumai
5. Steam 7 minutes, or until meat is cooked through, but not too long, because it can lose flavor.