Easy Meatball Stew
- 1-pound lean ground beef
- 1/2-cup bread crumbs
- 1/2-teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1-clove garlic, minced
- 2-tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-can condensened French onion soup
- 2-3 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4-cup water
- 3-medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3-medium carrots, cut into about 1-inch chucks
- 1-medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 can or 1 cup frozen peas
In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef, bread crumbs, thyme, egg and garlic; mix well and shape into meatballs.
In a skillet, over medium heat, add oil, cook meatballs until browned on all sides. Pour off any fat. Stir the French onion soup, tomato paste and the water in the skillet, Stir in the potatoes, carrots, and onion. Heat to boiling. Reduce the heat to low and cover, simmer for about 25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, add peas...add more water if needed. Thicken with flour and water mixture if you prefer, but I like mine without.
Makes 4 servings.