Creamy Potato Miso Soup
A nice hearty Creamy Potato Miso Soup perfect for dinner or as a side.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 pieces bacon, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 5 stalks celery finely chopped
- 3 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups half and half or cream.
- 1-2 tablespoons light miso paste
- salt & pepper to taste
- flour and water mixture (1/2 cup flour 3/4 cup water)
- crispy wontons (garnish)
Heat pot and melt 2 tablespoons butter, add oil, onions and celery and cook for 5 minutes until tender. Add bacon and cook another 5 minutes. Add potatoes and 1 cup of water and cook for 10 minutes with cover on. Add miso paste to taste and half and half. Allow to cook until potatoes are nice and tender and almost melting. Thicken with flour and water mixture to desired thickness, add last pat of butter and season with salt and pepper. Serve in bowls and garnish with crispy wontons.