Haupia Pumpkin Pie
An island favorite made easy using Noh's fabulously easy haupia mix !!
- 9-inch pie shell, unbaked
- 1 can (16 oz.) solid packed pumpkin
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4. tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 c. grated coconut, divided
- 1 package (3.9 oz.) Noh haupia pudding mix
- 1 c. whipping cream
- 1 TB sugar
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In large bowl, combine pumpkin and eggs. Add in sugar, salt and spices. Stir in milk and 1 cup of coconut. Pour into pie shell, bake for 15 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees, bake for another 40-45 minutes, or until firm. Cool. Prepare haupia pudding mix according to package directions. Cool slightly, spread evenly over pie. Chill 2 hours until haupia is set and firm.
For service; whip cream and add sugar; spread over pie. Sprinkle with remaining coconut. Serves 8.