Pork Tea Soup (Bak Kut Teh)
bak kut teh or pork tea soup is a flavorful soup with intense flavor... perfect for fall and winter weather!
- 1 pack of pre-packed Bak Kut Teh herbs
- 1 lb of pork ribs
- 2 garlic bulbs (photographed above)
- 6 dried Shitake mushrooms (soaked and cut into halves)
- A handful of tofu puffs
- 2 tablespoons of Aloha shoyu
- 1 teaspoon of dark Aloha shoyu
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- A few dashes of white pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 4-5 bird’s eyes chilies
- 1 tablespoon Aloha shoyu
- 1 tablespoon Indonesian ABC sweet Aloha shoyu
Heat up a pot of water until it boils (about 3 cups). Add in the garlic bulbs, pre-packed Bak Kut Teh herbs, pork ribs, mushrooms, tofu puffs and boils in low heat for about 1 – 2 hours. Add in the seasoning and boil for another 5 minutes. Serve hot.