Coconut Pumpkin Spice Cake w/Caramel Macadamia Topping
I love taking an ordinary cake mix and turning it into something speacial. This is a delicious pumpkin spice cake using a store-bought cake mix doctored-up with coconut milk, a rich cream cheese frosting, topped with caramel and macadamia nuts!!
- 1 pkg. cake mix
- 1 can pumpkin
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 tsp. pumpkin spice seasoning
- 1 pkg. PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tub COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- 1 cup caramel topping
- 1 cup chopped Island Princess Hawaii macadamia nuts
1. Beat cake mix, 1 cup pumpkin, coconut milk, oil, eggs and 2 tsp. spice in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Pour into 2 greased and floured 9-inch round pans.
2. Bake 28 to 30 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 min. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
3. Beat cream cheese in medium bowl with mixer until creamy. Add sugar, remaining pumpkin spice; mix well. Gently stir in COOL WHIP. Cut each cake layer horizontally in half with serrated knife; stack on serving plate, spreading cream cheese filling between layers. (Do not frost top layer.) Drizzle top of cake with caramel topping just before serving; top with macadamia nuts