Pineapple Galette w/Guava Caramel Glaze
I love taking a classic galette and using a variety of fresh or canned hawaiian fruit.
- 1 box phyllo dough
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup butter , cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts optional
- 1 small can crushed pineapple, drained
- can (15 1/4 oz) pineapple slices, drained, cut in half
- 1 cup guava jam
- 2 tablespoons caramel topping
Heat oven to 375°F. Remove phyllo dough, slowly build a crust in a metal baking pan or cookie sheet. Brush each layer with butter until you have at least 8 layers folding edges to form a crust.
In medium bowl, mix flour, sugar, brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg. With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in 1/4 cup macadamia nuts (optional).
Sprinkle half of the crumb mixture over crust to within 1 inch of edge. Top with crushed pineapple and halved pineapple slices. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, heat guava jam and caramel topping over low heat, stirring occasionally, until warm. Cut warm galette into 8 wedges; place on dessert plates. Spoon 2 tablespoons warm sauce over each slice and garnish with whipped cream!