Crabby Stuffed Mushrooms
The best of all worlds, mushrooms stuffed with crab and wrapped in bacon!
- 24 large button mushrooms, stems removed, wiped
- 12 slices bacon, cut in half
- 1 ½ c. imitation crabmeat, shredded
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- ½ c. onion, grated
- 2 TB green onion, chopped
- ¼ c. frozen peas, thawed
- 3-4 TB mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- ½ c. breadcrumbs
- ½ c. parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt, freshly ground black pepper, as needed
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet. In a mixing bowl; combine crabmeat, eggs, onion, green onion, peas, mayonnaise, lemon juice, breadcrumbs, cheese, salt and pepper. Add additional mayonnaise to bring to desired consistency. Fill mushroom caps with mixture. Wrap a slice of bacon around stuffed mushroom. Secure with toothpicks. Place mushrooms onto baking sheet; bake 15-18 minutes until bacon is crisped. Serves 12.