Garlic Beef Salad
A hearty and delicious main dish salad. Feel free to make extra dressing to serve along side this Garlic Beef Salad dish. I prefer it on the dry side.
- 8 oz. sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- pinch salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp. peanut oil
- 1 c. won bok cabbage, shredded
- 1 c. romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks green onion, chopped
- 1/2 tomato, wedges
- 1/2 bunch mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp. pickled red ginger,
- chopped roasted peanuts
- 1/2 c. rice wine vinegar
- 2 TB Aloha shoyu
- 2 TB patis (fish sauce)
- 2 TB sugar
Season meat slices with salt, pepper and garlic. Set aside. In a small mixing bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Reserve. In a large mixing bowl, toss cabbage, lettuce, cucumber, green onion, tomato and mint, set aside. In a wok over medium high heat, quickly brown beef in oil. Add dressing; heat through. Remove from heat; toss with cabbage mixture. Transfer onto serving platter.
Garnish with pickled ginger and peanuts. Serve immediately. Serves 6 appetizers or 2 entrees.