Taro & Sweet Potato Salad
Taro & Okinawan Sweet Potato Salad - gently tossed with coconut cream, ginger and cilantro. A great local-style salad served warm or cold.
- 1 lb. Okinawan sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1” chunks
- 1 lb. taro, peeled and cut into 1” chunks
- 1/8 cupcilantro leaves, chopped
- juice from 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon green onions, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon ginger, peeled grated
- 1/3 cupcoconut cream
Place the peeled sweet potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Salt the water and simmer until just tender, about 7-10 minutes (do not overcook or the salad will be mushy and fall apart). Drain and transfer to a bowl. Add all ingredients and toss to incorporate. Serve warm or refrigerate and bring to room temperature before serving.