Creamy Coconut Eggnog
Coconut eggnog, eggnog made Hawaiian style with creamy coconut.
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup coconut rum
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
Pour water to a depth of 1 inch into bottom of a double boiler over medium heat; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer; place cream and eggs in top of double boiler over simmering water. Cook, stirring constantly, 4 minutes or until mixture thickens and reaches 160°. Remove from heat, and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in coconut milk and next 5 ingredients. Cover and chill 3 hours. Garnish, if desired.
Garnish with shaved coconut, ground cinnamon & ground nutmeg.