Pork Hash Katsu
Pork hash katsu - I don't know what my obsession is lately with pork hash, but I've had hamburger katsu, spam katsu so why not pork hash katsu? Super easy to make and very tasty! This version is simply pan fried instead of deep frying.
- 1 Lb. Ground Pork
- 1/2 Lb. Cooked Med-Lg. Shrimp (remove tails)
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup green onions, (chopped)
- 1 can waterchestnuts, (chopped)
- 1 packet dashi or saimin soup base packet
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon Aloha shoyu soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Oyster Sauce
- 1/2 Tablespoon Salt **
- flour, enough for coating
- panko, enough for coating
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Oil for deep frying
Chop green onions, water chestnuts and set aside. Put shrimp in food processor and chop until very fine. Add pork and egg into food processor and grind into a mousse/paste. Add remaining ingredients and seasonings (shoyu, oyster sauce, dashi or saimin soup base, salt, pepper), mix well.
Form into 4 patties, coat in flour, then egg, then panko and fry in pan with a little bit of oil. Once patties are cooked, drain on paper towel and serve.