Pork Long Rice
Pork long rice - a quick and easy meal that you can prepare in less than 30 minutes. You can make it with pretty much whatever you like... omit the meat and serve as a side dish.
- 8 oz mung bean (clear) noodles
- 1 maui onion, sliced into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb pork, cut in thin strips & pounded
- 3 green onions, cut in 2" strips
- 1/2 cup chopped Napa cabbage or bok choy
- handful beansprouts
- handful chinese peas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons Aloha shoyu soy sauce
Cook noodles according to package directions, drain and set aside. Cut pork into thin strips and pound slightly to tenderize. In a large pan or wok over high heat, add vegetable oil and 1 tablespoon sesame oil. Add pork and cook for 15 minutes. Add onion and garlic, sauté for 2 minutes. Add rest of vegetables and cook for 4-5 minutes, until the vegetables are half-cooked and still a bit crispy.
Turn heat to low and add cooked noodles, shoyu (soy sauce), sugar, and the remaining sesame oil. Mix to combine and cook for another 2 minutes.