Sushi Style Dessert Crepes
Sushi style dessert crepes - Tropical fruit ambrosia rolled in coconut mochi crepes and finished with shredded coconut.
- 2 cups plain, greek-style yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh papaya, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh mango, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 4 tbsp honey, or to taste
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup mochiko (sweet rice flour)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coconut milk
- butter or cooking spray for coating the pan
In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and fold together with a spatula until well combined. Add more honey to sweeten, if desired. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before assembling to allow the flavors to meld.
Mix the flours, sugar, eggs and salt until the mixture is smooth. Be sure not to over-mix. Add the coconut milk 1/3 cup at a time, until the batter is a liquid consistency. Melt a little butter in a crêpe pan or large skillet over low-medium heat. Add 3 tablespoons of batter to the pan (or slightly more if using a large skillet) and swirl until the bottom of the pan is covered with batter. Cook the crêpe for 1 minute, or until the crêpe is slightly moist on top and golden underneath. Loosen the edges of the crêpe, slide the spatula under it, and then gently flip it upside down into the pan. Cook for 1 minute and transfer the cooked crêpe to a plate to keep warm.
spoon a generous portion of fruit mixture on lower third portion of crepe. Roll crepe as you would sushi. Cut ends off. Lightly brush outside of roll with yogurt, roll in coconut flakes and cut like sushi. You can arrange individual pieces of the cut sushi crepes on a plate and garnish with additional fruit mixture.