Mussel & Clam Poke w/Pickled Maui Onion & Ogo
Another simple poke creation made with steamed mussels, clams, shoyu, sesame oil and pickle maui onions w/ogo.
- bottle of pickled maui onions w/ogo
- 1 tablespoon Aloha shoyu soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- pinch hawaiian salt
- green onions (optional)
- kim chee base (optional) or hawaiian chili pepper
- 1/2 lb steamed mussel meat, cut into chunks
- 10 ounces steamed clam meat (no shells)
If you can't find pickled maui onions where you live, you can use this recipe for pickled maui onions. I used store-bought pickled maui onions w/ogo. A lot easier. Chop maui onions into small pieces along with ogo. Place entire contents in bowl. Add steamed clam meat. Chop mussels and add to bowl as well. Add shoyu and sesame oil and season to taste with Hawaiian salt. If you like yours with a tang, add more japanese rice vinegar and sugar. If you like it spicy, add some korean kim chee base or a Hawaiian chili pepper.