Oriental Chicken-Mushroom Soup
Oriental Chicken-Mushroom Soup is my go to soup whenever I feel a cold coming along. A delicious tasty and healthy soup. Very soothing and comforting.
- 2 lbs. chicken, bite-sized pieces
- 1 TB peanut oil
- 8 fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 3 stalks green onion, chopped
- 4 thin slices, fresh ginger
- 1/3 c. dry sherry
- 6 c. Oriental Chicken Stock
- 1/2 lb. spinach leaves, washed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 1 tsp. sesame seed oil
In a large saucepan over medium high heat, sauté chicken in oil. Add mushrooms, onion and ginger, cook 1 minute. Add sherry and stock; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes. Add spinach, salt and pepper. Stirring until leaves are wilted. Stir in sesame seed oil.