Fresh Ahi Satay
A coconut curry infused satay made with fresh ahi tuna.
- 1 lb ahi tuna filet, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup lemongrass, chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon tumeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander, ground
- Salt & pepper to taste
- dash nutmeg
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 thai chiles, stemmed
- 2 tablespoons sweet maui onion, minced
- 1 tomato, seeded & chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 30-40 lemon grass stems
Put all ingredients except for the tuna in food processor and pulse until you get a nice, smooth paste. Set aside for later use. Put cubed fish into food processor and grind into fine bits. Mix in spice paste and chill for a couple hours.
Once firm, take fish mixture and for about 1 - 1 1/2 tablespoons onto the end of lemongrass skewer and grill until nice and brown (about 5 minutes).