NOH Coconut Curry Rice w/Shrimp
Coconut curry rice with shrimp - a quick and easy meal using NOH's Hawaiian curry mix & Coconut Milk seasoning packets with a few simple ingredients and leftover cooked rice. Dinner in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 onion finely minced
- 1 stalk celery finely minced
- 1 cup coconut milk (from NOH's Coconut Milk packet)*
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled & deveined
- fresh basil (optional garnish)
- 3 tablespoons NOH Foods Hawaiian Curry Mix
- 3 cups cooked white or brown rice
- 1 NOH Foods Coconut Milk Packet
- 2 Cups Water
*Coconut Milk Packet produces 2 cups of coconut milk. You will only be using 1 cup.
In large pan, heat oil and butter. Add onions and celery and cook until onions become translucent and celery is cooked through. Add shrimp and cook for 4-5 minutes. Add 1 cup of prepared coconut milk and 3-4 tablespoons of NOH Hawaiian Curry Mix. Add rice and combine thoroughly to ensure that rice is completely coated. Garnish with fresh basil (optional).