Seafood Somen Salad
A little dressed up version of the standard salad. A great dish to bring to a household gathering and wow your friends and family.
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. somen noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 4 oz. imitation crab, shredded
- 6 large shrimp, cooked; peeled, deveined, coarsely chopped
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 stalks green onion, chopped
- 1/2 c. cilantro leaves
- 6 dried ebi (shrimp), finely chopped
- 1/2 c. fresh lemon juice
- 2 TB Aloha shoyu
- 2 TB mirin sake
- 2 TB sugar
- 1 TB sesame seed oil
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp. Thai chili garlic paste
- pinch salt
In a jar, combine dressing ingredients; shake well. Reserve. In a large mixing bowl, toss together somen, crab, shrimp, cucumber and onion.
For service; drizzle with dressing; garnish with cilantro. Serves 8-10.