Vegetarian Stuffed Eggplant
Vegetarian stuffed eggplant - A simple yet elegant way to serve your favorite vegetables.
- 1 block firm tofu
- 1 red pepper, seeded, sliced thin
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded, sliced thin
- 1 package mushrooms (optional)
- 2 zuchinni sliced, skin on
- 1 maui onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce (omit for vegetarian)
- 2 tablespoons Aloha shoyu or tamari for gluten free
- 1 large eggplant hollowed and seeded
Cut eggplant in half and remove seeds and hollow out center. In a wok or deep saute' pan, heat oil and sesame oil just before it smokes, throw in onions and peppers and sweat for 1-2 minutes, add zuchinni, mushrooms and flash cook for another 3 minutes. Add tofu, soy sauce, oyster sauce and tofu.
Fill hollowed out eggplant halves with vegetables and cook in pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes or until eggplant is nice and tender.