Char Siu Chicken Fried Rice
This dish is best made with leftover char siu chicken and day-old rice.
- 4-6 cups cooked rice
- 5 chicken thighs, boneless
- 1 cup char siu sauce (to marinade chicken)
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoons Aloha shoyu
- 2 tablespoons char siu sauce (I use Lums)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- green onions, chopped
Cook rice or have left over rice available.
Marinade chicken thighs in char siu sauce, preferably overnight. Cook chicken on grill until cooked. Chop chicken and set aside.
In a wok or deep frying pan, heat sesame and vegetable oil. Add day-old rice and "stir fry" in oil. Once rice is evenly coated, add chicken and mix it into rice. Add char siu sauce, shoyu, oyster sauce and continue to mix rice until evenly coated. Add green onions and give the rice a final mix.