Spicy Noodle Salad w/Shrimp
Hmm… what should I make for dinner on a hot summer day? I already had about a pound of cooked whole wheat pasta in my refrigerator. Ahh, a chilled noodle salad would be perfect!
Recipe courtesy of Lori @ www.guavarose.com Visit her site!
- 1 lb. whole wheat pasta, cooked
- 2 lbs. cooked shrimp
- 1 c. red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 c. mixed spring greens
- 3-4 c. assorted cut veggies (eggplant, asparagus, green beans, zucchini etc.)
- 2-3 T. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. Italian herbs
For the dressing:
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 T. grated ginger root
- 2 finely minced, seeded jalapenos
- ½ c. Aloha shoyu
- ¼ c. balsamic vinegar
- 3 T. maple syrup or sugar
- 3 T. olive oil
- 1 T. sesame oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss the 3-4c. of cut veggies with the olive oil, salt and herbs. Roast about 35 minutes or until tender. Cool.
Mix together dressing ingredients in a large bowl. Toss in pasta and coat well. Then gently toss in shrimp, red bell peppers and roasted vegetables. Chill before serving.
Serve atop mixed spring greens. Sprinkle lightly with sesame seeds and garnish with additional jalapeno slices if desired.